mga luto ko
munting aklatan ng mga lutuin na nalaman, natutunan at minana ko sa lola orang ko, sa nanay ko, tiyahin, tiyuhin, mga kapatid, mga pinsan, mga kaibigan, at iba pa na hindi nagdamot ng kaalaman nila sa pagluluto ng kahit na anu-ano lang. i-share ko rin sa inyo, malay niyo magustuhan niyo version ko at version nila! paunawa lang po na di ako kasing-galing ng lola ko o ng nanay ko magluto - minsan tyamba lang! pero masarap naman (daw) ang kinalalabasan... :)
- Name: aleth
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
a daughter, a sister, a mother, a friend ...
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Preparing the muffin is pretty quick except for the dates - it took me sometime because each date has to pitted out and chopped up.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
i used the recipe i found on jamie oliver's site: actually it was from one of the members of that site - so easy !!!! try it, you'll love it! :D
Tin tuna in oil,
Dried bow pasta,
Freshly ground black pepper,
Chopped Parsley (optional)
:cool: Lunch for 1, Snack for 2
Bring a pan with slightly salted water to the boil for the pasta
Heat a glug of olive oil in a pan.
Roughly chop the onion and add to the pan
Put the pasta on
Add the tuna
Stir occasionally whilst the onions soften for 3 mins
Add the pepper to taste
2 min before finishing (pasta ready) add the parsley
1 min before serving add the pasta to the pan, stir and serve
i don't have any parsley on hand - but still yummy!!
so the winners proclaimed - all happy ... proud of Ms. Philippines - she was great - answered straight (walang kagatul-gatul!)
anyways - after that - breakfast time!!!! it is still early in the morning here in Dubai - right??? i saw something in the net when i was browsing - eggnest! so i decided to try it - nothing fancy just a different presentation of fried egg and toasted bread :D - why not di ba? for a change ....
sliced up a kiwi fruit and grab a cup of strawberry flavored yogurt, with a nice cup of coffee - i'm a coffee addict! ahahahaha .... won't be a day complete for me without coffee!!!
i flipped the bread/egg that is why it looked like that hehehe - next time i will not flipped it!!!
nice breakfast for a nice start of the day .... me feeling pretty too ..... like Ms. Philippines! :D
BTW: Congratulations to Ms. Philippines - Shamcey Supsup!!!!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
i woke up feeling light ... and hungry, didn't have dinner last night :D checked the fridge for what to eat - then suddenly - pancakes! just popped in my head .. hmm .... there is egg, milk, flour - okey pancake it is then....
i made it fluffy but not as fluffy as i see on the photos on the net - wondering why???? i followed their recipe but then freshly made - nice - warm - what more to ask! i splattered maple syrup and butter and yummy!!! had it with some banana and a nice cup of coffee..... nice sunday morning !!!
recipe i used is from the basic pancake from Martha Stewart archives:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Assorted toppings, such as butter, maple syrup, confectioners' sugar, honey, jams, preserves, sweetened whipped cream, or chocolate syrup
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees; have a baking sheet or heatproof platter ready to keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
3. Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Fold a sheet of paper towel in half, and moisten with oil; carefully rub skillet with oiled paper towel.
4. For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round (you should be able to fit 2 to 3 in a large skillet).
5. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven. Continue with more oil and remaining batter. (You'll have 12 to 15 pancakes.) Serve warm, with desired toppings.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Anyways, I used ground beef and the usual ingredients minus the bell peppers - i don't have any :D ..... also I used another brand of pickle relish and not the lady's choice - maybe that is the reason I tasted something different, but my friends says they are yummy !!! Have been using lady's choice sweet pickle relish - I got used to the taste of these pickles .. I will make another batch later on, when I find lady's choice! heeheheh
I steamed these for 45 min. - one hour, but when I sliced them after cooling - I noticed that it was a bit loose - so needs more binder (needs more flour and eggs!!!!) - nonetheless ... these embutidos tasted good!!! - will make better next time ... :D
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
pancit bihon - kuno!!
to cut short - i just have to do with what i have .. chicken, carrots, cabbage, and to add some greens - green pepper na lang hehehe.... and this is what came out of it.... :D my craving is somewhat satisfied ... full belly as of this writing hehehe .. i finished the whole plate pictured below with a slice of toast bread with butter :D yummy!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
better luck next time ---maybe i should reduce my baking time to 15-20 min - hmmm.. well it says there that baking time is 25 min, but it was also mentioned 'depending on your oven' - ahhh so ok ... next time - i will get it right! pwede na rin .. hehehehe ..
depression therapy - BAKING!!!
using the basic muffin recipe from group recipe, and after adding the wet ingredients with the mashed bananas, i divided the batter into two and added nuts to the first half and choco chips to the other half. .... the batter yielded 14 pcs. i remembered to use the ice-cream scoop, and glad that i am getting used to it :D ... my muffins are some kinda 'even' in size and guess what? they have nice domes!!!!
i read that baking/cooking time is affected with the color of the pans used .. hmm should read that thing again! nonetheless - my muffins are 'still' .... yummylicious ....
i had one ( ok...ok .. i had two!!! one of each flavor!!!) :D .. with a nice cup of coffee ... no, not the latte - just plain coffee with milk .... and with both my feet on the cushion ... munching on the muffins .... thinking of the butterscotch recipe ....... heheheheheh
and you know what happened next!? :0
Monday, July 11, 2011
my lola (grandmother) usually add peanut butter to her champorado and it always taste good! i wonder why i still cannot get that right taste?!??! i miss her champorado esp. on rainy days ... i miss her cooking .. :(
i should have paid more attention when she cooked!!! ;(